Welcome Young Actors Workshop
Students and Families!
The Coastside Young Actors Workshop is an afterschool theater program for kids from K-12th grade. The students create original plays which they perform for the community. Using a technique known as "guided improvisation," the students create and star in original musical productions with imaginative story lines, unique characters, original dialogue, humor and songs. During the Fall session of Young Actors Workshop students scare thousands of land lubbers at the Pumpkin Festival Haunted House. Classes meet after school once per week. Fall session runs September through November. Winter/Spring session runs December through May.
Winter/Spring 2018-19 Class Information
Winter session starts the week of January 8, 2019
(no classes during CUSD school breaks)
- Tuesdays: CUMC "Youth House", 777 Miramontes Street (@ San Benito St), HMB
- 3:30pm-4:30pm (Kinder - 3rd grade)
- 4:35pm-5:35pm (3rd - 5th grade)
- 5:40pm-6:40pm (Teens)
- Wednesdays: Wilkinson School, 750 Ave Alhambra, El Granada
- 3:40pm-4:40pm (all grades)
WINTER/SPRING SEMESTER REGISTRATION DEADLINE January 1
To sign up for Young Actors Workshop, complete the registration form.
Mail your check to YAW, P.O. Box 2104, El Granada 94018 or use the Paypal link at the bottom of the registration form.
Questions: email email@example.com
Winter/Spring Semester 2019 Important Dates for Young Actors Workshop
- January 1 – Registration Deadline
- January 8 & 9 – Classes Begin
- March 19 – Parent Meeting at Cameron's Pub in Game Room 7:00 PM
- May 4 & 5 – Set Design and Construction Days 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- May 11 – Stage Set-Up 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- May 13 - 16 – Tech Week: Onstage Rehearsals 3:30 - 6:00 PM daily
- May 17 & 18 – Spring Play Show Dates: YAW's 26th Original Play atHatch Elementary Multi-Purpose Room)
- May 21 & 22 – Last Day of Classes
- May 22 - Cast Party
Fall Semester 2019 Important Dates for Young Actors Workshop
- Coming Soon...
Young Actors Workshop was founded in 1990 with the objective "to provide a positive environment in which children can develop theater skills and have opportunities for public performance”.
Using improvisational techniques developed in weekly classes, the students showcase their talents in two performances each year: an event at HMB's annual Pumpkin Festival and the Spring show, an original musical developed by the students during their weekly workshops.
Learn more about the history of Young Actors Workshop.
The 2018-2019 Young Actors Workshop Board of Directors:
Guliz des Tombe, President
Cindy Handler, Vice-President
Melinda McNaughton, Secretary
Jennifer Lockhart, Treasurer
Jon Handler, Director-at-Large
Melissa Birdwell-Marchi, Director-at-Large
Rinaldo Vaseliza, Director-at-Large
Samantha Foti, Director-at-Large
Kevin North, Artistic Director